Have high expectations.
Both the employee and manager should have high expectations about completing Action Plans.
So, please give close attention to some guidelines on making it happen:
- Added Initiative may be Necessary
- Make Action Plans Challenging
- Avoid Setting “Artificial” Action Plans
- Think Positively
- Talk Positively
- Make it Known that Results Count
- Have High Expectations for Yourself and Employees
- Have High Expectations for Completing Action Plans
Everything is easier if you have hired employees who like to take the initiative, are results-oriented and have high expectations for themselves.
In many of our consulting assignments, we evaluate the employee organization as well as receive employee input on job satisfaction, what they like and don’t like about working for the company, etc. This input is usually very revealing.